POLYREZ 6000 GLOSS WATER-BASED URETHANE
This is about as close as you get to "The Perfect Sealer".
SurfKoat's 6000-Gloss is a crystal clear, high-performance, pure urethane, perfect for all types of residential, commercial and industrial floors. This two-component, water-based urethane offers excellent durability, scratch resistance and chemical resistance, along with easy application and very low odor.
6000 has a High Gloss finish and offers a beautiful "wet-look" color enhancement when applied directly to concrete. 6000 Gloss Urethane is perfect for use over our Acetone Dyes, Acid Stains or as a final top-coat over an epoxy, polyaspartic or flake floor.
If a matte finish is desired, finish with a coat of 6100 Matte Urethane
6000 is perfect for all types of Interior Concrete Floors:
- High Performance
- For Interior Concrete Floors
- 2k Water-Based Urethane
- "Wet Look" Color Enhancement
- Gloss Finish
- Sprayer or Roller Application
- Coverage - See Detailed Info
Due to VOC regulations this product CANNOT be shipped to California*, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, New York, Rhode Island or NW Utah*. If you are in these areas please do not try to order this product. We WILL NOT be able to process your order!!
* See VOC MAP for specific regulated areas.
To learn more, keep reading or click a link below to jump to a specific topic:
6000 WB Gloss Urethane
It didn't take us long to fall in love with this one!
Here's why 6000 Urethane has become our go-to recommendation for interior floor applications...
- Excellent durability, as well as excellent chemical, scratch and hot tire resistance.
- Easy application with minimal odor, easy clean-up and no flammability.
- It looks great! The perfect amount of "wet look" enhancement to make stains, dyes or bare concrete pop.
- It's water-based, so concrete moisture issues are minimized.
6000-Urethane can also be used along side the other members of the PolyRez WB family to dial in the exact look and sheen you want. Here are a couple "recipies" for success...
For your first coat over dyed, stained or just plain bare concrete, choose between:
- 6000-WB Urethane for an enhanced "wet look" to make the color "pop"
- 1040-WB Epoxy for a natural appearance with minimal color enhancement
For your final topcoat, choose between:
- 6000-WB Urethane for a gloss finish
- 6100-WB Matte Urethane for a matte Finish
If a solid color application is desired, we always recommend tinted 1040 WB Epoxy be applied first as the colored base coat. 6000-Gloss Urethane or 6100-Matte Urethane (depending on desired sheen) can then be used as a final clear protective topcoat. This process is typically more economical and will produce a better finished appearance.
Cleaning and Preparation Instructions
6000-Urethane may be applied directly to properly prepared concrete surfaces, or over an epoxy primer such as our 1040 WB Epoxy. 6000 Urethane must be applied within the recommended recoat time of the primer used. See separate application instructions for installing 1040 WB Epoxy.
1. Interior Floors MUST be profiled prior to application. Diamond grind floors to between 50 - 100 grit. Be sure to remove all swirl marks, but do not grind finer than 100 grit. Beyond 100 grit, topcoat adhesion will be compromised. Dry grinding is highly recommended to avoid introduction of excessive amounts of moisture into the concrete.
2. If applying to an existing fully cured and fully adhered coating, the surface must be cleaned and thoroughly sanded with 80 - 120 grit sandpaper.
3. Remove any latent dust from concrete surface by auto scrubber or vacuum system. Do not use any chemicals. Surface must be clean, dry and porous before application of 6000 Urethane!
4. Allow area to dry completely.
5. Protect all areas not to be coated. Mask off all adjacent surfaces. Before opening or handling 6000 Urethane, first put on proper protective equipment including eye protection and rubber gloves.
Moisture Testing - Before application of any concrete floor coating, always perform a simple moisture vapor test by taping an 18 inch x 18 inch plastic sheet onto a section of floor. Remove plastic after 24 hours. If floor or plastic is wet, DO NOT PROCEED. First determine if moisture is remaining from the cleaning process, or if it is a more serious issue coming from the soil below the slab. More advanced moisture testing kits should be used on floors with suspected moisture problems. If needed, allow floor additional time to dry from the cleaning process. In winter months or in basements, this could take anywhere from 24 hours to a month or more. If you suspect a moisture issue from beneath the slab, DO NOT PROCEED. Whatever you do, don't take a chance on trapping moisture in the slab. Moisture trapped below the coating will cause the sealer to fail, resulting in a costly disaster for you. When moisture testing confirms the slab is dry, ONLY THEN are you ready to seal the concrete.
Proper mixing is critical to application success.
Mix ratio for 6000 Gloss Urethane is 4(PartA) : 1(PartB)
1. Before mixing, you will first need to determine the approximate amount of product you will need to mix to complete the portion of your project you have planned. Do not mix more than you can apply in a 25-30 minute window. During application, if 6000 Urethane starts to get thick or begins to harden, the remainder should be discarded and a new batch mixed. Do not add freshly mixed product to container already containing product near the end of it's pot life.
2. Pour appropriate amounts of Part A and Part B into a clean, dry mixing container. Mix contents thoroughly with low speed drill mixer. Avoid whipping air into the coating. Improper or incomplete mixing may result in product failure.
3. Product is now ready to apply!
Maximum expected workable pot life after mixing Part A and Part B is approximately 45 minutes at a common temperature range of 70 F - 80 F at 50% relative humidity. Please note that higher temperatures will shorten pot life, as colder temperatures will extend the coatings pot life.
Before application, always test product in an inconspicuous area to ensure appearance and compatibility are acceptable. Concrete should be fully cured for 28 days before applying 6000 Urethane.
1. Apply the mixed material to surface with a T-Bar applicator or 3/8 nap shed-less roller cover at a rate of 4 - 6 wet mils within the usable pot life time frame, as well as the recommended temperature and relative humidity guidelines. If out-gassing in the concrete causes bubbles, re-roll the material using a cross rolling method before the material cures to reduce or eliminate air entrapment. If the material becomes thick while applying and begins sticking to the roller, stop applying and discard the mixed material. At this point it has reached the end of the usable pot life. While applying, keep a wet edge to prevent roller marks. It is recommended to work in sections usually using control joints as dividers to ensure proper application results. Do not allow to Puddle! Remove any excess material in joints or low impressioned areas. Puddled areas may not cure adequately and may cause blush or a white haze.
2. If desired, a second coat may be applied after first coat has dried. Apply second coat in the same manner as the first coat. Do not allow 6000-Gloss to cure for more than 18 hours before applying second coat. If recoating after this time, a light sanding using a fine sanding screen will be needed to ensure adequate inner coat adhesion.
3. Allow surface to dry for a minimum of 18 hours before foot traffic and 4 days before heavier traffic. Product achieves full strength and chemical resistance in 7 days.
First Coat = 200-250 sq. ft. / gallon (coverage will be lower if used over absorbent color-flakes or very porous concrete)
Optional Second Coat = 250-300 sq. ft. / gallon
Total Project Estimate Rate = approximately 200-250 sq. ft. / gallon... This means a 2.5 gallon kit should be approximately enough product to complete 500-625 sq. ft. of floor with a one coat application or 280-340 sq. ft. of floor with a two coat application.
Of course, having the right tools will make your job easier, so scroll to the bottom to see our recommended Sprayers, Rollers and Application Tools!
Once properly applied, surfaces sealed with 6000 Urethane will require very little maintenance. The surface may periodically require a light cleaning to remove dirt, dust, mud, etc. In most cases, simple mopping or autoscrubbing is all that is needed for routine cleaning. Cherry Surf-Wax may also be used for additional protection and slip-resistance as it meets requirements for ASTM D2047.
This product CANNOT be shipped to California*, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, New York, Rhode Island or NW Utah*. If you are in these areas please do not try to order this product. We WILL NOT be able to process your order!!
* See VOC MAP for specific regulated areas.
Check out the "Help Center", send us an email or just give us a call and we'll be glad to help you with your order!