POLYREZ 6100 MATTE WATER-BASED URETHANE
SurfKoat's 6100-Matte Urethane is a crystal clear, high-performance, pure urethane, perfect for all types of residential, commercial and industrial floors. This two-component, water-based urethane offer excellent durability, scratch resistance and chemical resistance, along with easy application and very low odor.
6100 has a matte (almost flat) finish and is designed to be used only as a final high performance top coat over properly primed or coated concrete surfaces. 6100 Matte Urethane is a great low gloss choice for any space needing a true "matte" finish. 6100 is very popular for use as the final top-coat over 6000 Urethane and the PolyKoat / Flake floor system.
If a gloss finish is desired, use 6000 WB Gloss Urethane instead.
6100 is perfect for any space needing a true matte finish:
- High Performance
- For Interior Floors
- 2k Water-Based Urethane
- Matte Finish
- Final Topcoat Only
- Sprayer or Roller Application
- Coverage - See Detailed Info
Due to VOC regulations this product CANNOT be shipped to certain areas of California*. If you are in these areas please do not try to order this product. We WILL NOT be able to process your order!!
* See VOC MAP for specific regulated areas.
To learn more, keep reading or click a link below to jump to a specific topic:
6100 WB Matte Urethane
If you're looking for a high-performance floor coating with a true matte finish, this is your ticket.
6100-Matte Urethane is one of the very few true "matte" finish products on the market. It is a great top-coat choice when your design demands a low gloss finish. 6100 is a very popular choice for spaces like studios, movie sets and photography studios where low glare and reflection are a must.
6100-Matte Urethane is designed for use as a high-performance final top-coat over properly primed or previously coated (and properly prepped) concrete surfaces. This makes it a perfect compliment to the other members of the PolyRez WB family. This combination allows you to dial in the exact look and sheen you want. Here are a couple "recipies" for success...
For your first coat over dyed, stained or just plain bare concrete, choose between:
- 6000-WB Urethane for an enhanced "wet look" to make the color "pop"
- 1040-WB Epoxy for a natural appearance with minimal color enhancement
For your final topcoat, choose between:
- 6000-WB Urethane for a gloss finish
- 6100-WB Matte Urethane for a matte Finish
If a solid color application is desired, we always recommend tinted 1040 WB Epoxy be applied first as the colored base coat. 6000-Gloss Urethane or 6100-Matte Urethane (depending on desired sheen) can then be used as a final clear protective topcoat. This process is typically more economical and will produce a better finished appearance.
Cleaning and Preparation Instructions
1. 6100-Matte should NOT be applied directly to concrete. To ensure adequate adhesion, the substrate must first be primed with an epoxy primer such as our 1040 WB Epoxy or a coat of 6000-Gloss Urethane.
Surfaces should be free of all dirt, oil, dust, and foreign contaminants. 6100 Urethane must be applied within the recommended recoat time of the primer used. See separate application instructions for installing 1040 WB Epoxy and 6000 Gloss Urethane.
2. If applying 6100 to an existing fully cured and fully adhered coating, the surface must be cleaned and thoroughly sanded with 80 - 120 grit sandpaper.
3. Protect all areas not to be coated. Mask off all adjacent surfaces. Before opening or handling 6100 Urethane, first put on proper protective equipment including eye protection and rubber gloves.
Proper mixing is critical to application success.
Mix ratio for 6100 Matte Urethane is 2(PartA) : 1(PartB)
1. Before mixing, you will first need to determine the approximate amount of product you will need to mix to complete the portion of your project you have planned. Do not mix more than you can apply in a 25-30 minute window. During application, if 6100 Urethane starts to get thick or begins to harden, the remainder should be discarded and a new batch mixed. Do not add freshly mixed product to container already containing product near the end of it's pot life.
2. Pour appropriate amounts of Part A and Part B into a clean, dry mixing container. Mix contents thoroughly with low speed drill mixer. Avoid whipping air into the coating. Improper or incomplete mixing may result in product failure.
3. Product is now ready to apply!
Maximum expected workable pot life after mixing Part A and Part B is approximately 45 minutes at a common temperature range of 70 F - 80 F at 50% relative humidity. Please note that higher temperatures will shorten pot life, as colder temperatures will extend the coatings pot life.
Before application, always test product in an inconspicuous area to ensure appearance and compatibility are acceptable. Concrete should be fully cured for 28 days before applying 6100 Urethane.
1. Apply the mixed material to surface with a T-Bar applicator or 3/8 nap shed-less roller cover at a rate of 4 - 6 wet mils within the usable pot life time frame, as well as the recommended temperature and relative humidity guidelines. If out-gassing in the concrete causes bubbles, re-roll the material using a cross rolling method before the material cures to reduce or eliminate air entrapment. If the material becomes thick while applying and begins sticking to the roller, stop applying and discard the mixed material. At this point it has reached the end of the usable pot life. While applying, keep a wet edge to prevent roller marks. It is recommended to work in sections usually using control joints as dividers to ensure proper application results. Do not allow to Puddle! Remove any excess material in joints or low impressioned areas. Puddled areas may not cure adequately and may cause blush or a white haze.
2. If desired, a second coat may be applied after first coat has dried. Apply second coat in the same manner as the first coat. Do not allow 6100-Gloss to cure for more than 14 hours before applying second coat. If recoating after this time, a light sanding using a fine sanding screen will be needed to ensure adequate inner coat adhesion.
3. Allow surface to dry for a minimum of 18 hours before foot traffic and 7 days before heavy traffic.
First Coat = 200-250 sq. ft. / gallon (coverage will be lower if used over absorbent color-flakes or very porous surface)
Optional Second Coat = 250-300 sq. ft. / gallon
Total Project Estimate Rate = approximately 200-250 sq. ft. / gallon... This means a 3 gallon kit should be approximately enough product to complete 600-750 sq. ft. of floor with a one coat application or 340-410 sq. ft. of floor with a two coat application.
Of course, having the right tools will make your job easier, so scroll to the bottom to see our recommended Sprayers, Rollers and Application Tools!
Once properly applied, surfaces sealed with 6100 Urethane will require very little maintenance. The surface may periodically require a light cleaning to remove dirt, dust, mud, etc. In most cases, simple mopping or autoscrubbing is all that is needed for routine cleaning. Cherry Surf-Wax may also be used for additional protection and slip-resistance as it meets requirements for ASTM D2047.
This product CANNOT be shipped to certain areas of California*. If you are in these areas please do not try to order this product. We WILL NOT be able to process your order!!
* See VOC MAP for specific regulated areas.
Check out the "Help Center", send us an email or just give us a call and we'll be glad to help you with your order!