POLYREZ 6100 MATTE WATER-BASED URETHANE
SurfKoat's 6100-Matte Urethane is a crystal clear, high-performance, pure urethane, perfect for all types of residential, commercial and industrial floors. This two-component, water-based urethane offer excellent durability, scratch resistance and chemical resistance, along with easy application and very low odor.
6100 has a matte (almost flat) finish and is designed to be used only as a final high performance top coat over properly primed or coated concrete surfaces. 6100 Matte Urethane is a great low gloss choice for any space needing a true "matte" finish. 6100 is very popular for use as the final top-coat over 6000 Urethane and the PolyKoat / Flake floor system.
6100 is perfect for any space needing a true matte finish:
- High Performance
- For Interior Floors
- 2k Water-Based Urethane
- Matte Finish
- Final Topcoat Only
- Sprayer or Roller Application
- Coverage - See Detailed Info
Due to VOC regulations this product CANNOT be shipped to the SCAQMD or CARB-2020 regions of California*. If you are in these areas please do not try to order this product. We WILL NOT be able to process your order!!
* See VOC MAP for specific regulated areas.
To learn more, keep reading or click a link below to jump to a specific topic:
6100 WB Matte Urethane
If you're looking for a high-performance floor coating with a true matte finish, this is your ticket.
6100-Matte Urethane is one of the very few true "matte" finish products on the market. It is a great top-coat choice when your design demands a low gloss finish. 6100 is a very popular choice for spaces like studios, movie sets and photography studios where low glare and reflection are a must.
6100-Matte Urethane is designed for use as a high-performance final top-coat over properly primed or previously coated (and properly prepped) concrete surfaces. This makes it a perfect compliment to the other members of the PolyRez WB family. This combination allows you to dial in the exact look and sheen you want. Here are a couple "recipies" for success...
For your final topcoat, choose between:
- 6000-WB Urethane for a gloss finish
- 6100-WB Matte Urethane for a matte Finish
If a solid color application is desired, we always recommend tinted 1040 WB Epoxy be applied first as the colored base coat. 6000-Gloss Urethane or 6100-Matte Urethane (depending on desired sheen) can then be used as a final clear protective topcoat. This process is typically more economical and will produce a better finished appearance.
Cleaning and Preparation Instructions
Surfaces should be free of all dirt, oil, dust, and foreign contaminants. 6100 Urethane must be applied within the recommended recoat time of the primer used. See separate application instructions for installing 1040 WB Epoxy and 6000 Gloss Urethane.
2. If applying 6100 to an existing fully cured and fully adhered coating, the surface must be cleaned and thoroughly sanded with 80 - 120 grit sandpaper.
3. Protect all areas not to be coated. Mask off all adjacent surfaces. Before opening or handling 6100 Urethane, first put on proper protective equipment including eye protection and rubber gloves.
Proper mixing is critical to application success.
Mix ratio for 6100 Matte Urethane is 2(PartA) : 1(PartB)
1. Before mixing, you will first need to determine the approximate amount of product you will need to mix to complete the portion of your project you have planned. Do not mix more than you can apply in a 25-30 minute window. During application, if 6100 Urethane starts to get thick or begins to harden, the remainder should be discarded and a new batch mixed. Do not add freshly mixed product to container already containing product near the end of it's pot life.
2. Pour appropriate amounts of Part A and Part B into a clean, dry mixing container. Mix contents thoroughly with low speed drill mixer. Avoid whipping air into the coating. Improper or incomplete mixing may result in product failure.
3. Product is now ready to apply!
Maximum expected workable pot life after mixing Part A and Part B is approximately 45 minutes at a common temperature range of 70 F - 80 F at 50% relative humidity. Please note that higher temperatures will shorten pot life, as colder temperatures will extend the coatings pot life.
Before application, always test product in an inconspicuous area to ensure appearance and compatibility are acceptable. Concrete should be fully cured for 28 days before applying 6100 Urethane.
2. If desired, a second coat may be applied after first coat has dried. Apply second coat in the same manner as the first coat. Do not allow 6100-Gloss to cure for more than 14 hours before applying second coat. If recoating after this time, a light sanding using a fine sanding screen will be needed to ensure adequate inner coat adhesion.
3. Allow surface to dry for a minimum of 18 hours before foot traffic and 7 days before heavy traffic.
First Coat = 200-250 sq. ft. / gallon (coverage will be lower if used over absorbent color-flakes or very porous surface)
Optional Second Coat = 250-300 sq. ft. / gallon
Total Project Estimate Rate = approximately 200-250 sq. ft. / gallon... This means a 3 gallon kit should be approximately enough product to complete 600-750 sq. ft. of floor with a one coat application or 340-410 sq. ft. of floor with a two coat application.
Of course, having the right tools will make your job easier, so scroll to the bottom to see our recommended Sprayers, Rollers and Application Tools!
This product CANNOT be shipped to the SCAQMD or CARB-2020 regions of California*. If you are in these areas please do not try to order this product. We WILL NOT be able to process your order!!
* See VOC MAP for specific regulated areas.
Check out the "Help Center", send us an email or just give us a call and we'll be glad to help you with your order!