POLYREZ POLYKOAT GL 90 LVLP CONCRETE SEALER
PolyKoat GL-90 LVLP represents the next generation of polyaspartic performance and versatility. With lower viscosity, a longer pot life and MUCH lower odor, PolyKoat GL-90 is everything you've ever wanted in a polyaspartic!
PolyKoat GL-90 is a fast-curing, 90% solids coating, perfect for all types of residential, commercial and industrial floors. Polyaspartics are newest generation of urethane technology. They are 100% UV stable as well as extremely durable and chemical resistant. Because of it's ultra-fast cure time, PolyKoat is the #1 choice of our professional contractors. With the PolyKoat system, contractors can now easily complete a 3 coat floor installation in a single day. The same project done in a traditional epoxy would take over 3 days. Not only does PolyKoat save you time and labor, it also allows the space to be returned to service in as little as 24 hours!
PolyKoat GL-90 is more than just a high-performance concrete coating, it is also a complete flooring system. In addition to being the perfect clear sealer for stained concrete floors, the PolyKoat system also features 16 awesome blends of color-flakes and 14 solid colors. This makes PolyKoat one of the most versatile products we have ever offered.
Each part of the PolyKoat System is sold separately. This gives you the unique ability to create the exact floor you want, while only purchasing the components you need, in the amounts you need. This gives you complete flexibility over your project, unlike garage floor or concrete epoxy "kits".
PolyKoat is perfect for all types of high-performance floors:
- Ultra-High Performance
- Enhanced "Wet Look"
- For Interior and Garage Floors
- 2k Solvent Based Urethane
- High-Gloss Finish
- Ultra Fast Cure
- 90% Solids
- Roller Application
- Coverage - See Detailed Info
Video showing installation of a PolyKoat flake garage floor!
Warning: This product can expose you to chemicals including Methanol and Hydrogen Cyanide, which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
To learn more, keep reading or click a link below to jump to a specific topic:
PolyKoat GL-90 LVLP
PolyKoat GL-90 is by far the most user friendly and easy to apply polyaspartic we have ever offered. With lower viscosity, a longer pot life and MUCH lower odor, PolyKoat GL-90 is everything you've ever wanted in a polyaspartic!
PolyKoat is an extremely fast-curing product. This is what makes PolyKoat such as time saver, but it also demands respect. Once you mix part(A) and part(B), the clock starts ticking. Do not underestimate this product. It is FAST. Never mix more than you can apply in a 10-15 minute window. Plan ahead and you will have no issues. Complete one area at a time and use control joints and doorways as logical starting and stopping points. Always have extra rollers, frames, stir sticks, mixing pails and measuring cups ready to go. High-solids products like PolyKoat are actually very easy to apply. Unlike paints and cheap low-solids sealers, these products don't need to be excessively rolled. Apply in a heavy, wet, even coat and let the product self-level. Under application or over-rolling can cause unwanted texture in the final appearance.
PolyKoat can be used clear, with color or with our RapidCast Color-Flakes. Each part of the PolyKoat System is sold separately to maximize versatility.
Color can be added to PolyKoat to create beautiful, high gloss solid colors. PolyPack Color is available in 14 great colors to fit any situation. Colors can also be mixed to create endless combinations. Color is also recommended in the base coat of flake floor installations to create a more uniform appearance. Simply add less pigment to achieve a more translucent color or use up to 9oz / gallon for a solid opaque color.
Color-Flakes are available in 8 awesome color blends. All 8 blends are available in both 1/4" and 1/16" size flakes. This gives you 16 chip color/size options to create the perfect floor color, texture and appearance. Chips can be broadcast in any desired amount to create the exact look you desire. Average coverage is approximately 6 sq. ft. / lb for a full broadcast coverage. Flakes are packaged in 40 pound boxes. This means a 40 pound box will cover approximately 240 sq. ft. at a full broadcast. Always order more flakes than you expect to need! You DO NOT want to run out!!!
Cleaning and Preparation Instructions
1. Interior Floors MUST be profiled prior to installation. Dry grinding is highly recommended to avoid introduction of moisture into the concrete. Required profile will depend on application.
For use as a clear or tinted sealer: Diamond grind floors to between 50 - 100 grit. Be sure to remove all swirl marks, but do not grind finer than 100 grit. Beyond 100 grit, topcoat adhesion will be compromised.
For use in a flake or quartz system: These systems are designed to be installed thick and require maximum adhesion. Shot blast or diamond grind floors with 30 grit or coarser diamonds to achieve a CSP-2 to CSP-3 profile.
3. If applying to an existing fully cured and fully adhered coating, the surface must be cleaned and thoroughly sanded with 60 - 100 grit sandpaper.
4. Remove any latent dust from concrete surface by auto scrubber or vacuum system. Do not use any chemicals. Surface must be clean, dry and porous before application of PolyKoat!
5. Allow area to dry completely.
6. Protect all areas not to be coated. Mask off all adjacent surfaces. Before opening or handling PolyKoat, first put on proper protective equipment including eye protection, rubber gloves and respirator rated for use with aromatic solvents.
Moisture Testing - Before application of any concrete floor coating, always perform a simple moisture vapor test by taping an 18 inch x 18 inch plastic sheet onto a section of floor. Remove plastic after 24 hours. If floor or plastic is wet, DO NOT PROCEED. First determine if moisture is remaining from the cleaning process, or if it is a more serious issue coming from the soil below the slab. More advanced moisture testing kits should be used on floors with suspected moisture problems. If needed, allow floor additional time to dry from the cleaning process. In winter months or in basements, this could take anywhere from 24 hours to a month or more. If you suspect a moisture issue from beneath the slab, DO NOT PROCEED. Whatever you do, don't take a chance on trapping moisture in the slab. Moisture trapped below the coating will cause the sealer to fail, resulting in a costly disaster for you. When moisture testing confirms the slab is dry, ONLY THEN are you ready to seal the concrete.
Proper mixing is critical to application success.
Mix ratio for PolyKoat GL 90 is 1(PartA) : 1(PartB)
1. Before mixing, you will first need to determine the approximate amount of PolyKoat you will need to mix to complete the portion of your project you have planned. Do not underestimate this product. It is FAST. Never mix more than you can apply in a 10-15 minute window. During application, when PolyKoat begins to harden, the remainder should be discarded and a new batch mixed. Do not add freshly mixed product to container already containing product near the end of it's pot life.
3. In equal parts (1:1) pour appropriate amounts of Part A and Part B into a clean, dry mixing pail. Stir contents approximately 30-60 seconds. Avoid over-mixing or creating a vortex which could introduce moisture content into the mixture. No induction time is required after mixing.
5. Product is now ready to apply!
Maximum expected workable pot life after mixing Part A and Part B is approximately 40-45 minutes at a common temperature range of 70 F - 80 F at 50% relative humidity. Please note that higher temperatures and high percentages of humidity will shorten pot life, as colder temperatures and lower percentages of humidity will extend the coatings pot life.
Please note: PolyKoat is an extremely fast-curing product. This is what makes PolyKoat such as time saver, but it also demands respect. Once you mix part(A) and part(B), the clock starts ticking. Do not underestimate this product. It is FAST. Never mix more than you can apply in a 10-15 minute window. Plan ahead and you will have no issues. Complete one area at a time and use control joints and doorways as logical starting and stopping points. Always have extra rollers, frames, stir sticks, mixing pails and measuring cups ready to go. High-solids products like PolyKoat are actually very easy to apply. Unlike paints and cheap low-solids sealers, these products don't need to be excessively rolled. Apply in a heavy, wet, even coat and let the product self-level. Under application or over-rolling can cause unwanted texture in the final appearance.
Before application, always test product in an inconspicuous area to ensure appearance and compatibility are acceptable. Concrete should be fully cured for 28 days before applying PolyKoat.
Stained Concrete Floors:
Optional 6000 WB Urethane Primer Application Instructions:
1. Apply primer coat to properly prepared concrete with a high quality sprayer. Evenly apply a uniform wet coat over the entire area. (avoid overspray on adjacent surfaces, use spray shield or mask off areas not intended to be sealed). We recommend 1 part water : 1 part urethane dilution for priming concrete floors. Do not allow to puddle. The purpose is to saturate the surface of the concrete, but not to apply more product than the floor can absorb.
2. Allow 6000 WB Urethane to dry/cure for 12-24 hours. Product cures faster in warmer temperatures and slower in cooler temperatures. Do not allow 6000 WB Urethane to cure longer than 36 hours before applying top-coat!
3. Apply compatible top-coat according to manufacturer's instructions. 6000 WB Urethane is compatible with most high-performance coatings such as Polyaspartics, Epoxies and Urethanes. We never recommend the use of any acrylic (solvent or water-based) over 6000 Urethane.
Concrete Floor Primer = 1:1 dilution applied at 250-350 sq. ft. / gallon
Floor Primer Product Estimate Rate = 500-700 sq. ft. / gallon of (undiluted) 6000 WB Urethane... This means a 2-1/2 gallon kit of 6000 Urethane should be enough product to prime a 1250-1750 sq. ft. floor.
PolyKoat Stained Floor Application Instructions:
1. Mix product according to PolyKoat mixing instructions above.
3. Allow floor to cure a minimum of 4 hours for foot traffic and 24 hours for heavier traffic.
One single coat = 200-250 sq. ft. / gallon... This means a 2gallon kit should be enough product to seal approximately 400-500 sq. ft. (applying directly to the concrete without priming may slightly reduce coverage)
Solid Color Floors:
1. Mix product according to PolyKoat mixing instructions above.
3. Allow first coat to cure for 2-4 hours before proceeding with second coat.
4. Mix product for second coat according to mixing instruction above.
5. Apply second coat in same manner as first coat. In most cases, two colored coats are all that is needed or recommended, but if additional protection is desired, a third and final clear coat can be applied without color to provide additional protection to the colored coats below. If a final clear coat is desired, it should be applied within the recommended re-coat window.
6. Allow floor to cure a minimum of 4 hours for foot traffic and 24 hours for heavier traffic.
First Colored Coat = 250-300 sq. ft. / gallon (may vary depending on porosity of concrete)
Second Colored Coat = 250-300 sq. ft. / gallon
Optional Clear Third Coat = 250-300 sq. ft. / gallon
Total Project Estimate Rate = approximately 125-150 sq. ft. / gallon... This means a 2gallon kit should be approximately enough product to complete 250-300 sq. ft. of floor. This is based on a two coat application.
Flake and Quartz Floors:
This is where the PolyKoat System really shines! Flake and quartz floors require multiple coats and multiple steps to complete the process. PolyKoat cures FAST and can be re-coated in 4 hours or less, allowing you to now complete a 3 coat system in a single day!
Flake and quartz floors are extremely popular for garages, restrooms, automotive service centers and many other spaces where extreme durability, slip-resistance and easy maintenance are a must. These floors may look intimidating, but they are actually very easy to install. There are two methods of installation: a 2 coat process (no primer coat) or a 3 coat process. For best results, we strongly recommend the 3 coat installation process. This process consists of:
Step 1. Apply "primer" base coat, clear or lightly tinted for flake floors and tinted for quartz floors.
Step 2. Apply heavy "broadcast" coat, tinted for flake floors and clear for quartz floors.
Step 3. Immediately cast color-flakes or colored quartz sand into wet "broadcast" coat.
Step 4. Scrape, sweep and remove all excess loose flake or sand on floor.
Step 5. Apply final clear top-coat.
1. Mix product for first coat according to PolyKoat mixing instructions above. For quartz applications, choose appropriate tint color for the color quartz sand you will be using.
3. Allow first coat to cure for 2-4 hours before proceeding with broadcast coat.
4. Mix product for broadcast coat according to PolyKoat mixing instructions above. For flake applications, choose appropriate tint color for the flake color blend you will be using. For quartz applications, apply without color.
5. Apply broadcast coat in same manner as first coat. Apply in a heavy, uniform, wet coat.
6. Immediately begin broadcasting chips or sand into the wet PolyKoat. For this step it is highly recommended to have a second person to cast chips or sand while the first is applying the coating. Remember, you only have a few minutes before the coating starts to harden. For full broadcast chip floors and all quartz floors, the floor should be COMPLETELY covered with chips or sand. This is VERY important for a uniform appearance. For a full broadcast, it is impossible to apply too many chips or too much sand. This is why we recommend buying more than you think you will need!
7. Allow floor to cure for 2-4 hours.
8. Use a flat scraper to scrape floor in multiple directions. This will shave off any high edges of the chips and provide a uniform appearance across the space.
9. Sweep and/or vacuum all loose chips or sand from the floor.
10. Apply final clear top-coat in same manner as previous coats. Apply in a heavy, uniform, wet coat. This coat may require more product than previous coats, due to the added texture and porosity of the flakes or sand.
Primer Coat = 250-300 sq. ft. / gallon (may vary depending on porosity of concrete)
Broadcast Coat = 200-250 sq. ft. / gallon
Top Coat = 175-200 sq. ft. / gallon
Total Project Estimate Rate = approximately 75 sq. ft. / gallon... This means a 2gallon kit should be approximately enough product to complete 150 sq. ft. of floor. This is based on a three coat application.
Of course, having the right tools will make your job easier, so scroll to the bottom to see our recommended Sprayers, Rollers and Application Tools!
I don't see the older 70% and 80% versions of PolyKoat listed. Are they still available?
Absolutely! Both PolyKoat-GL-70 and PolyKoat-GL-80 still available, but we want to make every effort to convince you to go with the newer more advanced 90% LVLP instead. All are excellent products, but PolyKoat-GL-90 is just so much easier to work with. If you need one of the original versions, just give us a call and we'll get it headed your way.
Check out the "Help Center", send us an email or just give us a call and we'll be glad to help you with your order!