SurfKoat's 6100 is a 55% solids, crystal clear, pure urethane, perfect for all types of residential, commercial and industrial floors. 6100 has a matte (almost flat) finish. This two-component, water-based urethane offer excellent excellent durability, scratch resistance and chemical resistance, along with easy application and very low odor.
Urethanes are designed for use as high-performance top-coats over properly primed or coated concrete surfaces. The 6100 Matte Urethane is a great low gloss choice for any space needing a true "matte" finish. 6100 is very popular for use as the final top-coat over our PolyKoat / Flake floor system.
Check out the "Help Center" above, send us an email or just give us a call and we'll be glad to help you with your order!
Great top-coat system, especially if you need a low odor product.
Easy to use and extremely durable, but slow curing.
No reviews yet for this product.
6100 is a two-component, 55% solids, low odor, water-based urethane, perfect for all types of residential, commercial and industrial floors. This pure urethane top-coat offers excellent durability, as well as excellent chemical, scratch and hot tire resistance. Urethanes are also 100% UV stable and will never yellow from sun exposure.
6100 Urethane is designed for use as high-performance top-coat over properly primed or previously coated (and properly prepped) concrete surfaces. It is compatible for use over most epoxies and other urethanes. Existing (fully cured) coatings must be properly sanded and prepped before application to ensure proper adhesion.
6100 Urethane is one of the very few true "matte" finish products on the market. It is a great top-coat choice when your design demands a matte finish. 6100 is a very popular choice for spaces like studios, movie sets and photography studios where low glare and reflection are a must.
Cleaning and Preparation Instructions
1. To ensure adequate adhesion, the substrate must first be primed with an epoxy primer such as our 1040 WB Epoxy. Surface should be free of all dirt, oil, dust, and foreign contaminants. 6100 Urethane must be applied within the recommended recoat time of the primer used. See separate application instructions for installing 1040 WB Epoxy.
2. If applying to an existing fully cured and fully adhered coating, the surface must be cleaned and sanded with 80 - 100 grit sandpaper.
Protect all areas not to be coated. Mask off all adjacent surfaces. Before opening or handling 6100 Urethane, first put on proper protective equipment including eye protection and rubber gloves.
1. Before mixing, you will first need to determine the approximate amount of 6100 Urethane you will need to mix to complete the portion of your project you have planned. Do not mix more than you can apply in a 25-30 minute window. During application, if 6100 Urethane starts to get thick or begins to harden, the remainder should be discarded and a new batch mixed. Do not add freshly mixed product to container already containing product near the end of it's pot life.
2. Proper mixing is critical to application success. Mix ratio for 6100 Urethane is 2(PartA) : 1(PartB). Pour appropriate amounts of Part A and Part B into a clean, dry mixing container. Mix contents thoroughly with low speed drill mixer. Avoid whipping air into the coating. Improper or incomplete mixing may result in product failure.
3. Product is now ready to apply!
Maximum expected workable pot life after mixing Part A and Part B is approximately 1 hour at a common temperature range of 70 F - 80 F at 50% relative humidity. Please note that higher temperatures will shorten pot life, as colder temperatures will extend the coatings pot life.
Before application, always test product in an inconspicuous area to ensure appearance and compatibility are acceptable. Concrete should be fully cured for 28 days before applying 6100 Urethane.
1. Apply the mixed material to a primed surface with a T-Bar applicator or 3/8” nap - 1/2” nap shed-less roller cover at a rate of 4 - 6 wet mils within the usable pot life time frame, as well as the recommended temperature and relative humidity guidelines. If out-gassing in the concrete causes bubbles, re-roll the material using a cross rolling method before the material cures to reduce or eliminate air entrapment. If the material becomes thick while applying and begins sticking to the roller, stop applying and discard the mixed material. At this point it has reached the end of the usable pot life. While applying, keep a wet edge to prevent roller marks. It is recommended to work in sections usually using control joints as dividers to ensure proper application results. Do not allow to Puddle! Remove any excess material in joints or low impressioned areas. Puddled areas may not cure adequately and may cause blush or a white haze.
2. If desired, a second coat may be applied after first coat has cured for a minimum of 12 hours. Apply second coat in the same manner as the first coat. Do not allow first coat to cure for more than 36 hours before applying second coat. If recoating after 36 hours, a light sanding using a fine sanding screen will be needed to ensure adequate inner coat adhesion.
3. Allow surface to dry for a minimum of 18 hours before foot traffic and 7 days before heavy traffic.
First Coat = 200-250 sq. ft. / gallon (coverage will be lower if used over absorbent color-flakes)
Optional Second Coat = 250-300 sq. ft. / gallon
Total Project Estimate Rate = approximately 200-250 sq. ft. / gallon... This means a 3gallon kit should be approximately enough product to complete 600-750 sq. ft. of floor. This is based on a single top-coat application.
Of course, having the right tools will make your job easier, so scroll to the bottom to see our recommended Sprayers, Rollers and Application Tools!
Once properly applied, surfaces sealed with 6100 Urethane will require very little maintenance. The surface may periodically require a light cleaning to remove dirt, dust, mud, etc. In most cases, low pressure water or simple mopping is all that is needed for routine cleaning. Regularly applying Cherry SurfWax to the floor will help protect the surface from scratches and damage.