Enhancer Shield is a one of a kind breathable deep penetrating sealer for use on all types concrete, pavers, brick, block, natural stone, manufactured stone, cultured stone, faux stone and veneer. What makes Enhancer shield so unique is it's ability to not only offer exceptional water, salt and stain protection, but to also offer color enhancement! This is something no other 100% penetrating sealer has ever been able to do.
Enhancer Shield enhances color and protects against freeze / thaw damage, erosion, efflorescence, spalling and salt attack. Enhancer Shield is VOC compliant, easy to use and seals without changing the texture, traction or natural breathing ability of the surface. Enhancer Shield is 100% penetrating and doesn't form a film that could eventually flake or peel.
Enhancer Shield is available in both water AND solvent based versions to fit your specific needs and preference. In most situations the WB version always seems to out-perform the SB version, but of course you should always do a test area first to ensure the best compatibility with your specific substrate and desired results.
Enhancer Shield seals and protects all types of Concrete, Pavers, Brick, Block, Masonry and Stone!
Check out the "Help Center" above, send us an email or just give us a call and we'll be glad to help you with your order!
One of the most exciting new products we've seen in a long time!
Although both versions perform great, we think the WB version is the winner!
No reviews yet for this product.
Enhancer Shield is a breathable deep penetrating silicone water repellent sealer for use on all types concrete, pavers, brick, block, natural stone, manufactured stone, cultured stone, faux stone and veneer. What makes Enhancer shield unique is it's ability to not only offer exceptional water, salt and stain protection, but to also offer color enhancement! This is something no other 100% penetrating sealer has ever been able to do.
Enhancer Shield enhances color and protects against freeze / thaw damage, erosion, efflorescence, spalling and salt attack. Enhancer Shield is VOC compliant, easy to use and seals without changing the texture, traction or natural breathing ability of the surface. Enhancer Shield is 100% penetrating and contains no acrylic or other film-formers that could eventually flake or peel.
Be sure to choose the version of Enhancer Shield that best fits you needs and jobsite requirements. Both versions produce excellent enhancement and offer great protection. The water-based version is perfect for indoor projects or situations where flammability or odor will be an issue. The solvent-based version penetrates quickly and in SOME cases may be used on surfaces where previous water-repellents or sealers may have been applied. ALWAYS CHECK FOR COMPATIBILITY BEFORE APPLYING ANY SEALER, ESPECIALLY OVER ANY PREVIOUS PRODUCT!
Cleaning and Preparation Instructions
1. Completely remove all sealers, oils and contaminates from the surface. Use only cleaning methods suitable for the substrate you are cleaning. Clean oily surfaces with our Concrete Degreaser. Use a bristle brush for heavily oiled spots. If needed, first etch with Surf-Prep. Area to be treated must be clean, porous and sound.
2. Use only the amount of cleaners necessary to remove contaminates, oils, fluids and sealers from the substrate. If using acidic cleaners to etch surface or to remove efflorescence, calcium, rust, etc, be sure to neutralize and restore pH with Balance Neutralizer. Rinse thoroughly! Surface and pores must be clean and free of all chemicals before applying Enhancer Shield.
3. Allow area to dry completely.
1. Before applying Enhancer Shield, mask off all areas that you do not want product applied to.
2. Blend Enhancer Shield thoroughly with a drill and Squirrel Mixer before using. DO NOT DILUTE.
3. Apply liberally to porous surface at a rate of 125-200 sq. ft. per gallon with a sprayer, roller and/or applicator brush. Do not allow product to puddle. For vertical applications, apply from the bottom up. If spraying, the solvent-based version should only be sprayed using an acetone resistant sprayer such as our Swissmex Acetone Sprayer or Chapin Xtreme Sprayer.
4. Make sure all sprinklers are turned off for a 24 hour period of time. Apply Enhancer Shield only if rain is not expected for at least 24 hours. Do not apply Enhancer Shield if surface temperature is below 40° F., or above 90° F.
5. Allow surface to dry for a minimum of 8 hours before foot traffic and 72 hours before vehicle traffic.
Note: Always test a small area for compatibility before proceeding. Do not use on any surface that has been previously sealed. Do not allow to freeze. Recommended shelf life is one year.
Of course, having the right tools will make your job easier, so scroll to the bottom to see our recommended Sprayers, Brushes and Application Tools!
Coverage Rates: Coverage rates are approximate and will vary depending on substrate density, porosity and temperature. In most cases, only one heavy saturating coat is recommended.
Broom swept concrete: 125 sq. ft. / gallon
Troweled concrete: 150-200 sq. ft. / gallon
Pavers: 125 sq. ft. / gallon
Clay brick: 150-200 sq. ft. / gallon
Concrete block: 100-125 sq. ft. / gallon
Manufactured / faux / cultured stone: 125 sq. ft. / gallon
Natural stone: 150-200 sq. ft. / gallon
Stucco / Dryvit: 125-150 sq. ft. / gallon
Like all things, maintaining optimal protection of a sealed surface requires scheduled maintenance. Once properly applied, surfaces sealed with Enhancer Shield may periodically require a light cleaning to remove dirt, dust, mud, etc. In most cases, low pressure water is all that is needed for routine cleaning. Do not use a hot-water pressure washer unless you are preparing to apply a maintenance coat of Enhancer Shield. Re-apply Enhancer Shield once surface no longer beads water. Depending on wear and tear, sealed surfaces typically need a maintenance coat every 3-4 years on horizontal surfaces and every 4-5 years on vertical surfaces like walls.