Atomic Top Coat is our Ultimate Performance Coating. ATC is extremely hard and durable, with amazing resistance to acids, chemicals, fluids or almost anything else you can throw at it. It's cutting edge Nano Technology allows ATC to penetrate and bond to almost any surface or existing coating. This gives ATC amazing versatility and allows it to be used over all types of surfaces including porcelain, ceramic, tile, densified concrete, epoxies, acrylics and urethanes. ATC has excellent color enhancement and comes in both a gloss and matte finish formula.
Atomic Top Coat can be applied directly to concrete, but actually performs best if applied over another high-performance product like an epoxy or urethane. This makes ATC the perfect product for re-coating old or worn sealers. ATC makes old coatings look like brand new, with almost no additional thickness or build-up! This is also a great way to boost the performance of existing coatings. Sealers top-coated with Atomic will be much harder, scratch resistant and chemical resistant than they were before. Atomic floors are perfect for aircraft hangars, kennels, warehouses, garages, hair salons or anywhere needing exceptional scratch and chemical resistance.
Atomic Top Coat requires no mixing and is extremely easy to apply with only a sprayer. Atomic goes on thin and penetrates deep into the surface, creating an extremely strong bond.
Atomic Top Coat is perfect for all types of high-performance applications:
Check out the "Help Center" above, send us an email or just give us a call and we'll be glad to help you with your order!
The hardest, most durable and easiest to apply product ever!
No reviews yet for this product.
Atomic Top-Coat is hands down the most innovative product we have ever offered. Not only is it the hardest and most durable, it is also the easiest to use and apply!
Atomic Top-Coat is actually a ready to use version of the old EAP concentrate designed by Kinloch USA. EAP was originally designed as a concrete countertop sealer because of it's outstanding resistance to acids, wine, vinegar and many other damaging foods or beverages. Unfortunately, the solvent needed to properly dilute EAP wasn't readily available, so an even better, ready to use version called Atomic Top-Coat was designed. Although it is still an awesome concrete countertop sealer (if used properly), ATC has now become even more popular for interior concrete floors.
ATC is a true "top coat", not a thick, high-build coating like an epoxy, polyaspartic or urethane. This is where countertop guys went wrong with EAP. Atomic Top-Coat must be applied THIN, and preferably not directly to bare concrete. This product actually performs best when used over another high-performance product like an epoxy or polysapartic. The molecular structure of ATC is extremely small, and that nano-technology actually allows ATC to penetrate into and fill the voids between the molecules of the other coating. This allows you to take a low, medium or high-performance floor and turn it into a high or ultra-high-performance floor, by simply applying a thin coat of ATC.
Atomic Top-Coat is also perfect for restoring old worn or scratched coatings to like new, or better than new condition. Unlike other coatings, ATC creates an extremely thin film that does not add additional thickness or build-up to the floor. Existing fully cured coatings must be sanded before application to ensure penetration and adhesion. ATC is available in both a Gloss and Matte finish version to fit any design style. Matte Atomic is also a great way to turn an existing gloss sealer into a matte finish without all the hassle of removing the old coating.
For new stained floor installations where a thin coating system that retains the natural concrete texture is desired, first use Atomic Base-Coat mixed with our concentrated Kolour Dye. Atomic Base-Coat can also be mixed with ATC if needed for special substrates like ceramic, marble or natural stone. Combining Atomic Base and Atomic Top-Coat will increase both penetration and bond strength when used over extremely hard or dense surfaces.
Atomic Base-Coat is the first step in the Atomic Floor System. Atomic Base can be applied as a clear primer for Atomic Top Coat, or combined with our Concrete Kolour Dye to color, prime and seal in one easy step. Atomic Base is the perfect foundation for creating modern "thin film" flooring systems. With this process you get extreme protection and abrasion resistance, without the artificial, thick, plastic coating over the floor. This allows all of the natural character and texture of the concrete to remain visible. If used without adding color, Atomic Base will pre-seal the concrete, preventing the Atomic Top-Coat from substantially darkening the natural color of the concrete. This allows you to create a very contemporary look, while still getting the protection of Atomic Top-Coat. When used with color, Atomic Base-Coat + Atomic Top Coat will produce beautiful, rich, enhanced colors.
Cleaning and Preparation Instructions
Before application of Atomic Top-Coat, substrate must first be properly prepared, primed or coated. Surface should be free of all dirt, oil, dust, and foreign contaminants. Atomic Top-Coat must be applied within the recommended re-coat time of any base coating used.
1. Apply Atomic Base-Coat or other compatible coating according to the manufacturer's recommended preparation and application instructions. See separate application instructions for Atomic Base Coat.
1. If applying to an existing fully cured and fully adhered coating, the surface must be cleaned and sanded with 80 - 100 grit sandpaper.
2. Remove all dust from the surface. Surface must be clean and dry before application of Atomic Top-Coat!
1. Hone surface to at least 200 grit. Clean surface with 4:1 mixture of Surf-Prep. See separate application instructions for mixing, using, neutralizing and rinsing Surf-Prep.
2. Allow area to dry completely.
Porcelain or Ceramic:
1. Clean surface and grout by scrubbing and/or steam cleaning. Clean surface with 4:1 mixture of Surf-Prep. See separate application instructions for mixing, using, neutralizing and rinsing Surf-Prep.
2. Allow area to dry completely.
WARNING: Atomic Base-Coat and Atomic Top-Coat are HIGHLY FLAMMABLE! Do not smoke! Turn off all portable heaters and gas pilot lights. Extinguish all open flames prior to use! Avoid sparks!
1. Open can and stir product gently but thoroughly with clean paint stick.
2. For application over existing coatings or over extremely hard surfaces like porcelain or ceramic, Atomic Top-Coat can be mixed with Atomic Base-Coat to increase both penetration and bond strength. On porcelain and ceramic, we highly recommend this process. Over existing coatings, we will leave it to personal preference and recommend instead that you first perform a small test area both ways to decide which method delivers the best results for your particular application.
Over porcelain or ceramic = 1(part Atomic Base-Coat) to 1(part Atomic Top-Coat)
Over existing coatings = Undiluted 100% Atomic Top-Coat or 1(part Atomic Base-Coat) to 1(part Atomic Top-Coat)
Over Atomic Base Coat = Undiluted 100% Atomic Top-Coat
4. Stir well. Product is now ready to apply!
Expected workable pot life after mixing Atomic Base-Coat and Atomic Top-Coat is approximately 8 hours at 70 F at 50% relative humidity. Mixed product cannot be stored or re-used.
Before application, always test product in an inconspicuous area to ensure appearance and compatibility are acceptable. Concrete should be fully cured for 28 days before applying Atomic Top-Coat.
1. Spray Atomic Top-Coat over surface with our Swissmex Acetone Sprayer. Apply evenly at a rate of 400-600 sq. ft. / gallon depending on surface porosity. Do not over apply. ATC is designed to be applied thin. 2 mils dry film thickness is the maximum needed.
2. Allow surface to dry for a minimum of 6 hours before foot traffic and 24 hours before heavier traffic. Product achieves full strength and chemical resistance in 7 days.
Of course, having the right tools will make your job easier, so scroll to the bottom to see our recommended Sprayers, Rollers and Application Tools!
Once properly applied, surfaces sealed with Atomic Top-Coat will require very little maintenance. The surface may periodically require a light cleaning to remove dirt, dust, mud, etc. In most cases, low pressure water or simple mopping is all that is needed for routine cleaning.